Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Additional Roles – conditional based on both being selected

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to use a conditional to show information to Users in a specific role "Manager". My site allows multiple roles, and [wpv-current-user info="role"] only returns the first role. So if the User's secondary role is Manager, this won't work in a conditional to test for the Manager role.

Solution: You can use Toolset's Access control shortcode to test if the current User has any role, including primary and secondary roles.

[toolset_access role="manager" operator="allow"]
I am a manager
[/toolset_access]

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/access-control/access-control-texts-inside-page-content/

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author

I have used [wpv-current-user info="role"] to see what is exported, but it's only the main role. I'd like to set up a conditional based on any of the additional roles selected (so not combined, but ONE of the other roles).

So for example if my main role is Contributor, but I have an additional role of Manager selected in the User > Additional roles section, how do I set up a conditional as below.
[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-current-user info="role"]' eq 'manager' )"]I am a manager[/wpv-conditional]

Hi, there's not an easy way to do this with conditional HTML but you could use Toolset Access control shortcodes:

[toolset_access role="manager" operator="allow"]
I am a manager
[/toolset_access]

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/access-control/access-control-texts-inside-page-content/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Worked perfectly, just for information used lower case m.

Great, I will update the example code to reflect the correct capitalization.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.