Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding/inheriting field groups to other field groups

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohammed 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

At present AFAIK only individual custom fields from within a field group can be added to other field groups via the 'Add New' option. It would be incredibly useful to allow entire field groups to be able to added, so allowing stock components to be created comprising several related fields (e.g. a date picker or calendar could have a text field for the date and one for a description/prompt and another for a date picker field etc). If these 'aggregated' field types could also be made repeatable that would be massively useful also.

Hello Harvey,

I’m Mohammed: the Toolset support team leader. I’ll give my best to help you.

I think that your requirements are on the road. We already are working on the post relationships projects and already launched a beta release of it.

Please check these pages for more details:

--First Beta of Types 2.3 with Post Relationship: https://toolset.com/2017/09/first-beta-of-types-2-3-with-post-relationship/
--Creating repeatable field groups and post types relationships with Types (beta): https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-repeatable-field-groups-and-post-types-relationships-with-types-beta/

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.