Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding User Field to the admin Users view and ability to sort

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Can I add the User Custom Fields to the user Admin column in WordPress?

Solution:
No.
We do not create or manage the User list with Types, as we do for as example Custom Post Types (there we can control the Post Admin list)

You can not include User Fields in that user Admin list.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by alexd-6 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
userfield.jpg

I am trying to: Add a user field to the User view in the dashboard

I visited this URL: n/a

I expected to see: n/a

Instead, I got: n/a

Is there a way to add a User Field to the User view as a additional column in the dashboard and make it sortable?

Please see screenshot

Thanks in advance!
Marcellino

No, this is not possible as we do not create the User list, as we do for as example Custom Post Types (there we can control the Post Admin list)

You can not include User Fields in that user Admin list.

If you want, I can have a DEV jumping in here, if you would like the feature to be considered in future Types versions.

Thank you

Beda,

Ok, i understand. I think this would be valuable to have as feature, because the user fields are actually important part of the users when you use them and making some of them visible into the admin user list. Otherwise you need edit the user everytime you want see what these or some of the user fields value are.

I you could pass this over to the DEV guys that would be great.

Thanks
Marcellino

Beda,

I found this plugin which actually let's you add columns in a visual interface. Also the user fields created with Types.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/codepress-admin-columns/

Marcellino

Hey,

yes that is true but it only works with the pro Version of the admin-columns-plugin. - Ist there no way to show the UserFields in AdminColumn of Users?

thx for an answer

alex

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.