Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding Staff To Companies As A Separate Post Type

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.32 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a custom post type Companies. I want to add a new custom post type for Staff and assign them to the companies, then create a template that shows the company details along with a list of staff and their photos.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I was looking at your gyms/trainers site but there isn't documentation but rather videos.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I think your gyms/trainers is a good example. Not sure if you are using two different post types though.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link
USERNAME: fonmdev
PASSWORD: kosher

FYI I am wanting two different post types for companies and staff because I am importing them in using the Ultimate CSV Importer Pro. I want to load up the companies, then load up the staff and have them linked up. I have assigned a unique company id to the import for company and staff imports so hopefully it could be used to link the two together.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand, you have two post types companies and Staff created using the Types plugin and you are importing the posts to those post types using the Ultimate CSV Importer Pro.

First of all, I would like to know, what post-relationship you want to establish between your post types companies and Staff?
- one-to-many or many-to-many?

Also, I would like to know, when you are importing the posts to your post types companies and Staff using Ultimate CSV Importer Pro - do you want to connect the posts with post-relationship at the time you import the post or you want to connect the post after you import the posts manually?

2020-07-01_12-07-36.jpg

The relationship is most likely one to many (one company, many staff). If it is possible to have Many to Many that may come in handy in the future, but I don't know if that is necessary and may complicate resolving this issue.

I would like to import the companies first, the import the staff separately and connect them to the company during that import. I have added a unique ID field to the companies list called SFOID and added that to the staff worksheet so I can link them up in the future.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

As you are using the Ultimate CSV Importer Pro plugin, have you check the following link:
=> hidden link

With above doc - you can find the information how you can import the related post using Ultimate CSV Importer Pro plugin.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/import-csv-ultimate-csv-importer-plugin/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.