Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding profile picture in Woocommerce checkout

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi,

I am creating a membership site using Woocommerce. I realize that the User form in Tools is not necessary to create a membership account when using WooCommerce. In fact, it creates a conflict if I use the Tool User form to create an account together with WooCommerce as the account is created automatically during the checkout.
However, I would like to have the possibility to upload a profile picture during the checkout process and also have the new member to edit and change his profile picture.

I have a Post Form that ask a few questions before then go to Checkout where the user create his profile and enter his billing address (I wish I could remove this part since it is not necessary for virtual product).

So, Create membership --> Questionnaire (Post Form)--> Checkout (WooCommerce) with the possibility to load a profile picture.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Adding a field to checkout page needs custom programming and this is beyond the scope of our support policy. If you need custom programming for your site, Please feel free to contact our certified partners:
=> https://toolset.com/consultant/

However - you may try to use WooCommerce hooks to achieve this:
=> hidden link

Hi Minesh,

Thank yo for your answer but could you give me a bit more advice. Using Toolset and WooCommerce (as it is part of Toolset package) how would you go about integrating a request to ask the user to upload his picture profile? on which part?
The best would be to ask this request in the Post Form since I am already asking there some questions but I imagine you cannot include User Form and Post Form into one form?

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Actually as I explain you before adding a field to billing details is not yet supported by default by WooCommerce Views. That means you can not customize checkout with Toolset. You can customize shop and single page using Toolset (WooCommerce Views).

To customize the checkout page you need to use hooks.
=> hidden link
[Lesson 2]

Regarding CRED forms:
If you use Post form and User form within single form it creates a conflict. It will not work. Both are different entities.

That is all I've to help you with this issue. Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.