Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding Products from Front End and Creating Product Types

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I have created a form to allow my users to add products from the Front End. I can create a simple product with one price point. I would like to create different Product Types with different price points.

For example if I were selling tickets, I would want different prices for seats depending on their view. How do I create different product types?

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see? Product Types is common with E-commerce websites. Can toolset do that?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The first thing you will require to know that:

You can create Toolset forms for adding and editing Simple Products and External/Affiliate products. You cannot create Toolset forms for Variable and Grouped products.

As you say, you want to create product with multiple price variation that means you want to create a variable product and creating variable product using Toolset Forms plugin is not supported by Toolset.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-woocommerce-products-using-front-end-forms/

Thank you for the response. Would it be possible to use Toolset in combination with another plugin to achieve this?

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I'm afraid that I do not have any alternative or workaround to offer you at the moment. As the feature is not supported by Toolset, there might be a chance that sooner or later it might get broken.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.