Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding paginated slider, if you click a ‘page control’ stops the AJAX transition

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user is using a slider view. When we select a page in the slider pagination, the slider stops moving slides each 5s. The user would like the slider to continue moving slides even after choosing a page.

Solution:
This behavior is intended and expected. The slider view will move slides as long as the user does not take manual action. Once the user chooses a page or clicks on a navigation control for the slider, the slider will stop moving and will let the user navigate it manually.

We do not have plans to implement the user's desired behavior. The remaining workaround is to build a custom slider with a 3rd party library.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lindsayH 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
firefox_2020-05-15_17-28-48.png

hidden link

Followed the first half of the above 'tutorial'. All works as expected, until you click one of the pages further ahead, it will move to it but the the AJAX transitions stops.

The fade transition 'jumps' too, not a nice gentle fade, but that might be a local issue?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I am not really sure to understand the issue that you are facing. Can you elaborate more on it? What time on the video you are referring to? Can you take a screencast, using loom or screencastify, to show me the issue?

I was having so much trouble I swapped it for an Image Slider.

I could try and reinstate it, but I'll try and explain a little more.

I followed the tutorial exactly.

The slider transitions as expected and all is fine. BUT if you click on the pagination (so in my image, one of the page numbers ahead, so you're looking at page 3 and then click on page 8 to move ahead). I do end up looking at page 8, but the slider transitions stop. I'm on page 8 for ever. Or until I refresh the page.

Jamal
Supporter

Just to be sure that we are talking about the same slider(image/view), I created a new installation on our platform and I have installed and registered Toolset plugins on it.
Please create an example view that demonstrates this issue and let me check it.

Please use the credentials on my previous private reply(May 19, 2020 at 12:07 pm).

OK, as explained before I followed the video - nothing complicated?

I set up exactly as the demo. Hope that helps.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you very much. Now it is clearer for me. It's a slider view instead of a slider block.

I am approaching our 2nd Tier about this to confirm if this is a bug or an expected behavior. If it is expected, we'll find a way to let the view slide again after clicking on a page.

I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Our 2nd Tier has confirmed that this behavior is expected and intended.

The slider automatically transitions, but once you manually intervene to show a particular slide, then the automatic transitions are halted because you wanted to look at a specific slide. This has been discussed with our developers and it is designed to work that way.
Unfortunately, I cannot offer a workaround as there is currently no way to make to slider transition again.

If you need to have a slider that continues scrolling after choosing a specific page, you may consider creating your own, with a 3rd party library.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any doubts.

Thank you for the information, though to me it doesn't seem logical and I think it should be looked at again perhaps?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.