Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding id/classes to archive block does not work

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by carletto0282 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Schermata 2021-01-26 alle 00.23.17.png
Schermata 2021-01-26 alle 00.22.19.png

I am trying to:
add some classes to the wrapper div of a custom post type archive block. I've tried to select "Wordpress Archive Output" from block tree but it has no options

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
I'm sorry, it's a local environment

I expected to see:
the classes in my html code

Instead, I got:
nothing

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

During testing, I was able to reproduce this and the custom ID or classes include in the main "WordPress Archive" block are not included in the markup on the front-end.

We appreciate you've brought this forward and I've passed this on to the concerned team.

For now, a workaround can be to either add your custom CSS styles to target the default div with class "wp-block-toolset-views-wpa-editor" or if you'd prefer adding a custom class to that div, you can include the following script in the WordPress Archive's "Custom JS":
( screenshot: hidden link )

jQuery(document).ready(function(){
	jQuery('.wp-block-toolset-views-wpa-editor').addClass('test-wrapper');	
});

Note: you'll replace "test-wrapper" with your own class name to add.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

thanks for your suggestion.
I'll go with the custom CSS styles and hope for a quick fix of the behaviour as expected.

I left the ticket open.
Best regards
Carlo

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

I'm afraid, I don't have a time estimate at the moment, but, it has been reported to the development team.

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one for a different question or concern.

As already stated above I'll go with the custom CSS and look forward for a fix.
Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.