Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding fixed map container using the Blocks editor

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pete 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

On this page: hidden link
Using Gutenberg, I need to fix the map on the right. Now doing this directly to the map wont work, it breaks it.

So adding a div around the map and then css I was hoping to sort this issue however this isn;t working either

We have done this already using Elementor and trying to do the same using Gutemberg
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Pete,

Thank you for waiting.

During troubleshooting, I was able to force the map's column to stay fixed at the right side of the screen, using the following custom CSS:

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) {
.kt-row-layout-inner > .kt-row-column-wrap > .inner-column-1 {
width: 63%;
}

.kt-row-layout-inner > .kt-row-column-wrap > .inner-column-2 {
width: 33%;
position: fixed;
right: 0;
}
}

I hope this helps and to check the CSS code applying to different page elements, you can use Google Chrome's inspect element tool, as explained in this guide:
hidden link

regards,
Waqar

No, many...many thanks fro your time 🙂

Works like a charm, perfectly. Really grateful for your help.

I really didn't think it would be possible to use this layout with Gutenberg and I spent over half a day rtying different CSS, nothing worked.

Again, thank you sooooo much for your help.

Regards, Pete

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

You're very welcome Pete and glad that it worked.

Please feel to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one for each new question or concern - we're here to help!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.