Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding custom taxonomy to a Mediapress form

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I'm using Buddypress and the Mediapress plugin to allow users to create their own image galleries and upload photos to those galleries. I created a custom taxonomy for the galleries so that I can create views that are filtered by that taxonomy. The only issue is that I need to add a taxonomy input field (radio buttons) to the gallery creation page (template) so that users can select the appropriate taxonomy term when they create a gallery. Is this possible?

Solution:
If it is created/setup by the plugin "mpp-gallery", then it depends on plugin "mpp-gallery", I suggest you ask help from the author of plugin "mpp-gallery", check if it supports custom taxonomies.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Clay 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 4.33.34 PM.png

I'm using Buddypress and the Mediapress plugin to allow users to create their own image galleries and upload photos to those galleries. I created a custom taxonomy for the galleries so that I can create views that are filtered by that taxonomy. The only issue is that I need to add a taxonomy input field (radio buttons) to the gallery creation page (template) so that users can select the appropriate taxonomy term when they create a gallery. Is this possible? The content type created by the Mediapress plugin is "mpp-gallery". The url is hidden link

Dear Clay,

How do you setup the "gallery creation page" and the form in your screenshot?
https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/574733-Screen_Shot_2017_09_28_at_4.33.34_PM.png?x62720

If it is created/setup by the plugin "mpp-gallery", then it depends on plugin "mpp-gallery", I suggest you ask help from the author of plugin "mpp-gallery", check if it supports custom taxonomies.

firebug.jpg
custom-featured-image.jpg
basic-featured-image.jpg

It actually turns out that the Mediapress plugin author already has a plugin to add categories to those galleries, so that part is solved. However, I'm having an odd issue with the view that I'm using to display a list of these galleries. Here's my view loop:

<ul class="wpv-loop js-wpv-loop pyo-gallery-item">
		<wpv-loop>
			<li>
                <p class="pyo-gallery-thumbnail">[wpv-post-body view_template="mpp-gallery-thumbnail" id="[wpv-post-field name='_mpp_cover_id']"]</p>
              	<p class="pyo-gallery-title">[wpv-post-link]</p>
				<p class="pyo-gallery-author">[wpv-post-author]</p>
			</li>
		</wpv-loop>
	</ul>

If my "mpp-gallery-thumbnail" content template simply contains the shortcode [wpv-post-featured-image] then my view displays the first screenshot. That looks fine, but I want to use a custom size and I want the thumbnail cropped. But if I use the shortcode [wpv-post-featured-image size='custom' width='320' height='320' crop='true' crop_horizontal='center' crop_vertical='top'] then the view displays both thumbnails, one default and the other custom (second screenshot). The last screenshot is what Firebug displays for the first item in the loop when I use the custom image shortcode. Thanks!

It is a new question, please create new thread for it, and describe detail steps to duplicate same problem, how do you setup the content template [mpp-gallery-thumbnail], that will help other users to find the answers. thanks

Thanks. It's resolved now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.