Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding custom taxonomy to a Mediapress form

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I'm using Buddypress and the Mediapress plugin to allow users to create their own image galleries and upload photos to those galleries. I created a custom taxonomy for the galleries so that I can create views that are filtered by that taxonomy. The only issue is that I need to add a taxonomy input field (radio buttons) to the gallery creation page (template) so that users can select the appropriate taxonomy term when they create a gallery. Is this possible?

Solution: If it is created/setup by the plugin "mpp-gallery", then it depends on plugin "mpp-gallery", I suggest you ask help from the author of plugin "mpp-gallery", check if it supports custom taxonomies.

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Clay 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Luo Yang.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 4.33.34 PM.png

I'm using Buddypress and the Mediapress plugin to allow users to create their own image galleries and upload photos to those galleries. I created a custom taxonomy for the galleries so that I can create views that are filtered by that taxonomy. The only issue is that I need to add a taxonomy input field (radio buttons) to the gallery creation page (template) so that users can select the appropriate taxonomy term when they create a gallery. Is this possible? The content type created by the Mediapress plugin is "mpp-gallery". The url is hidden link

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Chinese (Simplified) (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Dear Clay,

How do you setup the "gallery creation page" and the form in your screenshot?
https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/574733-Screen_Shot_2017_09_28_at_4.33.34_PM.png?x62720

If it is created/setup by the plugin "mpp-gallery", then it depends on plugin "mpp-gallery", I suggest you ask help from the author of plugin "mpp-gallery", check if it supports custom taxonomies.

firebug.jpg
custom-featured-image.jpg
basic-featured-image.jpg

It actually turns out that the Mediapress plugin author already has a plugin to add categories to those galleries, so that part is solved. However, I'm having an odd issue with the view that I'm using to display a list of these galleries. Here's my view loop:

<ul class="wpv-loop js-wpv-loop pyo-gallery-item">
		<wpv-loop>
			<li>
                <p class="pyo-gallery-thumbnail">[wpv-post-body view_template="mpp-gallery-thumbnail" id="[wpv-post-field name='_mpp_cover_id']"]</p>
              	<p class="pyo-gallery-title">[wpv-post-link]</p>
				<p class="pyo-gallery-author">[wpv-post-author]</p>
			</li>
		</wpv-loop>
	</ul>

If my "mpp-gallery-thumbnail" content template simply contains the shortcode [wpv-post-featured-image] then my view displays the first screenshot. That looks fine, but I want to use a custom size and I want the thumbnail cropped. But if I use the shortcode [wpv-post-featured-image size='custom' width='320' height='320' crop='true' crop_horizontal='center' crop_vertical='top'] then the view displays both thumbnails, one default and the other custom (second screenshot). The last screenshot is what Firebug displays for the first item in the loop when I use the custom image shortcode. Thanks!

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Chinese (Simplified) (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

It is a new question, please create new thread for it, and describe detail steps to duplicate same problem, how do you setup the content template [mpp-gallery-thumbnail], that will help other users to find the answers. thanks

Thanks. It's resolved now.