Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding an automatically generated reference number to listings

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

My listings will need an automatically generated reference number which can be displayed front-end.

Solution:

Within WordPress, each post/page has an unique post ID, you can display it with shortcode [wpv-post-id].

Relevant Documentation:

https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-id

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jay 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

My listings will need an automatically generated reference number which can be displayed front-end. This will be used by visitors to reference a particular listing.

I'm just setting everything up at the moment but don't know which field to add to listings to generate this.

Is there any documentation that you are following? No.

Is there a similar example that we can see? No. But most websites with listings (e.g. for tickets) would wnat an automatic reference number.

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Hello,

What kind of "reference number" do you want? please elaborate the question with more details.

Within WordPress, each post/page has a unique post ID, you can display it with shortcode [wpv-post-id]:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-id

And your user can access the specific post with the post ID, for example: hidden link

Thanks Luo.

I've just added the Post ID using the "Fields and Text" method and this is displaying the post ID number on the front end.

I suspect that will be satisfactory.

So, thanks for your help and I'll mark this as resolved.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Jay

Hi Josh can you tell me where the "Fields and Text" method can be found? Its exactly what i need.
Thanks
Jay

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.