Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding a post link to custom field

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcH-4 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a headline in a custom field which is shorter than the main page title. I am display this on mobile and want the user to be able to click it as if it was a headline and go through to the post

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes, i've tried searching

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Without the link, the custom field is just text

What is the link to your site?
forreslocal.com/app/app-news i have employed a workaround using a button, but I don't want to do this as very difficult to style

Hello, our developers are working on a new Blocks feature that will allow you to make the entire contents of a Container Block clickable. Until that feature is ready, I suspect the easiest way to do this is to use a combination of HTML and shortcodes to place your custom field text inside an HTML link. You can place this code in a Classic block:

<a href="[wpv-post-url]">[types field="your-field-slug"][/types]</a>

Replace your-field-slug with the slug of your custom field to display a link using your custom field text as the link text.
Let me know if you have a question about this approach and I can give you more advice.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.