Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding a message to a post type

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi,

Is it possible to add a note to a particular post type? I don't want to add any custom fields, but I just want to add a message to remind users to do something when adding a post. I can't see a way of doing this without adding in a field, which I don't want to do.

Many thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The description you shared is still not clear to me. Can you please tell me where exactly you want to display/add the description/note? Maybe a screenshot of that page would help.
- Do you just want to display the text information? if yes, where exactly you want to display it?
- Do you want to add that description for custom fields or post type?

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 14.27.34.png

Thank you, Minesh.

It's actually to go in Media. I want to add a note next to the media fields reminding users to fill in all the fields. I have attached a screenshot here.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Based on the screenshot you shared, I can see that the screenshot is taken from the default Media post type. When you upload new media and once uploaded, click on that uploaded image a popup will be open for which you shared the screenshot

Media is default post type and Toolset does not have any control over it. This is something related to core WordPress, not related to Toolset. This question is more related to WordPress core and I suggest you should report there.

If I misunderstood the requirement, please correct me and get in touch with me and I would be happy to help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.