Skip Navigation

[Resolved] adding a marker to a map

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 50 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by martinP-13 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

I can't say, maybe Trial locations are the venues! Check this screenshot hidden link

If that's the case, you can follow my example in this reply https://toolset.com/forums/topic/adding-a-marker-to-a-map/page/2/#post-1701227

The view loop has to contain the marker shortcodes. And the view needs to be used like

[wpv-view name="organizer-events-venues" ids="[your-shortcode-that-returns-venues-ids]"]

Please let me know if the example that I have shared in here is not clear to follow:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/adding-a-marker-to-a-map/page/2/#post-1701227

trial locations are VENUES relabeled jamal. at the moment im just trying to get the correct veue_id retuned , ill worry about the map later .

the last function is not queeying the current organizer id , if that function can do that i think il be allset

thankyou very mcuh
martin

Jamal
Supporter

I am sorry Martin, but I am not qualified nor allowed to produce custom code that is related to another plugin. Please, seek help from the plugins authors or from a general support forum such as StackOverflow or wordpress.org support forum from the plugin's authors.
Once you get a shortcode that returns the IDs of posts separated by comma (,) we'll help you get the map with all the needed markers.

thankyou jamal for all your efforts , much appreciated!!
martin

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you Martin!

All the best.
Jamal

hey jamal , i have my shortcode all built and functioning ! -) ...
hidden link the ids for the related venues are shown above the map for reference .

the map is showing the clubs home marker from the template you created i now just need to add the venues returned by the new shortcode

the markers for the map are on this view , (im a little lost how to set this view up though)
hidden link

the shortcode is named: [related_venues]

in my single organizer.php i have the following

<?php echo do_shortcode('[wpv-post-body view_template="content-template-to-pull-club-location-data"]');?>
<?php echo do_shortcode('[wpv-view name="show-venue-on-club-map" ids="[related_venues]"]');?>

i feel im missing something here ? ?

thankyou as always jamal its been a long road but there is light at the end of the tunnel and i really do appreciate your assistance!!

kind regards martin

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.