Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding a banner to Event box

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
free-event-marker-banner.png
sample.jpg

We are using Toolset to pull and display events on our Event page. Each event currently includes a image, title, time and date which are all inputs using Advanced Custom Fields.

We are now trying to designate some events as Free events. We have added a new custom field called Free Event Marker. On Free events a url is added to the Free Events Marker custom field. We would like to display this in the top right corner of each event box. If the event is not free the Free Event Marker field is left empty.

I have tried multiple options to display the Free Event Banner but while it shows either under or on the box (in this case pushing the title down) I have not been able to place it in the top right.

I have attached a image that shows how we would like the finished box to look like. Also included the image we are using for the Free Event Marker. And current code is below:

<div class="events-grid-view">
<div class="event-grid">
<div class="event-grid-img">[wpv-acf-image field="wac_image"]</div>
<a href="[wpv-post-url]"><div class="event-grid-content">
<h3 class="event-title">[wpv-post-title]</h3>
<div class="event-timings">[acf_formatted_time time='[wpv-post-field name="start_time"]'] - [acf_formatted_time time='[wpv-post-field name="end_time"]']</div>
<div class="event-date">[acf_formatted_date date='[wpv-post-field name="start_date"]']</div>
</div></a>
</div>
</div>

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - certainly I see that there is no Toolset feature involved here as it seems directly the question related to how you can display ACF field as per your desired HTML output. Please kindly do not report such issues with Toolset technical forum, as per our support policy we are happy to guide you with any Toolset issues but not with customization.

As you know there is nothing personal here but I need to work within the predefined support boundary. I hope this is understandable and clear.

However - Please check the following link that may help you to achieve the output you are looking for:
=> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48474/how-do-i-position-one-image-on-top-of-another-in-html

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.