Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Break tags are added automatically

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am using WPBakery to design a Content Template. When I add some content in the Text Editor block, extra break tags are added.

Solution: This appears to be unrelated to Toolset, as the same results can be seen in a standard Post with Toolset disabled.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bouchairY 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
br.jpg

Hello
I try to add price label as here :
hidden link

But View template is adding <br> tag automatically

Please see here :
hidden link

Thank you for your help

Can you show me the code from the View's Loop Editor and any loop template? Or are you using the Block Editor to design the template for the View?

code.jpg

Please see attached image
Thank you

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 4.12.56 PM.png

Can you edit this module and take a screenshot so I can see its configurations? I'm attaching a screenshot example here.

mod1.png
mod2.png

Please see attached images
Thank you

I don't think these break tags are added by Toolset, I think they are added by WPBakery. As a test, I disabled Toolset plugins completely and activated a default theme. Then I created a new Page and designed it with Toolset. I pasted the following code in the Text tab of a Text editor block on that page:

<div class="rate-summary-container">
<div class="topper"><span class="from">à partir de</span>
<span class="best-available-rate">€ {!{wpv-post-field name='prix'}!}</span><span class="per-night">
<span class="divider">| </span>Personne</span></div>
</div>

Then I saved the Page and checked the front-end. The markup is created as follows:

<div class="rate-summary-container">
<div class="topper"><span class="from">à partir de</span><br />
<span class="best-available-rate">€ {!{wpv-post-field name=&#8217;prix&#8217;}!}</span><span class="per-night"><br />
<span class="divider">| </span>Personne</span></div>
</div>

You can see two break tags were added automatically.

To fix this, I removed the line breaks from the code like so:

<div class="rate-summary-container"><div class="topper"><span class="from">à partir de</span><span class="best-available-rate">€ {!{wpv-post-field name='prix'}!}</span><span class="per-night"><span class="divider">| </span>Personne</span></div></div>

Now no extra break tags are inserted by WPBakery. Please try deleting line breaks in the Text tab of the Text editor block and let me know if the problem is not resolved.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.