Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add toolset view to toolset form

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicholas 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello, I was wondering:

Is it possible to add a toolset view with a custom search to a toolset form?

How can I use search and filter options within a toolset form?

Regards,
Nicholas

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately no it is not possible to use views to filter these options.

When you say filter options, is it that you want some custom fields not to appear based on a previous field selection?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

No.

Is it possible to add a toolset view with a custom search to a toolset form?

I.e.: dispaly posts inside a toolset form and use text search

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

I'm not 100% sure what you want to achieve.

It is possible to add a view to a form but what would be the link between the view and the form ?

Could you explain this a bit more for me .

Thanks,
Shane

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 9.33.22 AM.png

Hey, Shane here's a screenshot of what I'd like to do.

[credform class='cred-form cred-keep-original']
[wpv-view name="frontpage-most-popular" view_display="layout" limit="1" orderby="field-wpcf-custom-field"]
[wpv-form-view name="frontpage-most-popular" target_id="self"]
	[cred_field field='form_messages' value='' class='alert alert-warning']
	[cred_field field='form_submit' value='Publish' urlparam='' class='sfc-button']
[/credform]

I have a custom post type called organizations. I would like to you use toolset forms to link organizations to the woocommerce product custom post type, making use of the post type relationship.

A user should use a frontend form to search for organizations and then select one to link it up with a product.

Or even have a toolset form that creates a product. This form should also contain a toolset view where you can search for organizations and then select one organization which will then be related to the product you just created with the form.

Can you please show me how I can do that?

Regards,
Nick

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

I see what you are trying to do now. You're essentially creating a parent/child relationship from a search ? What I mean is that you want the user to create their posts with some parent information already filled in.

There is a simpler way to do this.

Do you have any Parent/Child relationship setup in Types ? Also Will this be a one to many ? Meaning that the child can only have 1 parent post ?

Please let me know and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,
Shane

Well what would be the child what would be the parent in my case?

Essentially I need to assign only one organization to a product. But a organization can have many products.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

In your case organization will be the parent.

It should be noted if you are using our Toolset forms to create a woocommerce product on the frontend then you will only have the Basic information to populate such as Post title, Description and featured image.

Are you aware on how to create a post relationship with Types ? If so please let me know so we can move to the next step.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you.

I am not that familiar.

However, what I need is: A submission form for products that contains a toolset view where I search for organizations and then select one organization which I can then connect to the product I create with the form.

I hope that makes sense.

Can you show me how I can do that?
To have the organization search functionality inside the product submission form is important to me.

Thanks,
Nick

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

The method that you want would not be possible since a view operates independent of a form.

My advise is that you create a the view and the user can search for their organisation.

On that view there will be a button that says, create product.

Once the user clicks that then they will be taken to a page with the Organisation parent field already filled in and all they need to do is fill in the other items.

Please let me know what you think of this and we can move from there.

Thanks,
Shane

I stumbled upon this thread.

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/views-inside-a-cred-generic-field/

Could a solution like this work maybe, where you use a view inside a generic field?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

It can however you wouldn't be able to dynamically filter from the form itself.

The filter parameter would need to be set in the view before adding it to the generic field.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks. Yeah that'd be great.
Ok we can leave out the filter and search option then I guess.
Maybe we can use pagination or a slider functionality.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

No this won't work either.

What our view will be displaying is only the results. If you are going to use views to provide data for a Toolset Form field then it cannot have any pagination or slider settings.

It can only be purely the results of the view.

Which is why I suggested that you create a view that would list the parents. Then you can add a child form link to link from that parent in the view to create the child post for that clicked parent.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok then let's just stick to the results only. that's fine.

Do you mind showing me how this is done?

I need to get the featured image, title, and excerpt to be displayed.

Regards,
Nick

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.