Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add site to new user, multisite.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 50 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Hi, I have a function that auto add a site in my multisite network when register on the main page: looks like this: add_action( 'user_register', 'user_registration_create_site', 10, 1 );

function user_registration_create_site( $user_id ) {

$user_info = get_userdata( $user_id );
if ( isset( $user_info->user_login ) ) {
$main_site = 'weareyou.online'; // Add your main domain here
wpmu_create_blog( $main_site, '/'.$user_info->user_login.'/', $user_info->user_login, $user_id , array( 'public' => 1 ) );
}

}

I can't get it to work with user form... No sub sites is created. What can be the issue?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nicklas,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

You should be able to use the hook below with your code to do this.
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_save_data

Please let me know if you understand how to get this done, if not i would be more than happy to guide you through this.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi again and thank you for that answer,
it would be very kind if you could help me a little more:)

/Nicklas

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicklas,

Try this.

add_action('cred_save_data', 'my_save_data_action',10,2);
function my_save_data_action($post_id, $form_data)
{
    // if a specific form
    if ($form_data['id']==12)
    {
      $user_info = get_userdata( $post_id );
wpmu_create_blog( $main_site, '/'.$user_info->user_login.'/', $user_info->user_login, $user_id , array( 'public' => 1 ) );
}
    }
}

Add it to your functions.php file and change the 12 to the ID of you form.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks!! It works almost exactly as I want. The page is created, now I just want the new user to be added to that page. Is that possible?:)

Think I can use add_user_to_blog(). But im not an PHP expert so if you have any ideas, please feel free to help me again:)

Thanks again!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicklas,

You are absolutely correct.

Use this.

{
    // if a specific form
    {
$new_blog = wpmu_create_blog( $main_site, '/'.$user_info->user_login.'/', $user_info->user_login, $user_id , array( 'public' => 1 ) );
add_user_to_blog( $new_blog, $post_id, $user_info->roles );

}
    }
}

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

It did not help.. any ideas?

Oh I didnt change the form ID, so it works perfect. Now I have one last question, the new user is now added to two pages. main site (weareyou.online) and weareyou.online/username. Can you delete the user from the main site? The new user should only be added to his subsite

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicklas,

Try this one now.

{
    // if a specific form
    {
$new_blog = wpmu_create_blog( $main_site, '/'.$user_info->user_login.'/', $user_info->user_login, $user_id , array( 'public' => 1 ) );
add_user_to_blog( $new_blog, $post_id, $user_info->roles );
 wp_delete_user( $post_id); 
}
    }
}

Now it works, but when I try to login on the new site I get "the page redirects incorrectly" error. When I create a page manually, I can log in.

I found the problem. But now my client wants the new pages that are created to have URL: hidden link.
And if a user has the same name, add a number: hidden link. Do you think you have a solution for that?:)

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicklas,

I'm happy i'm able to help so far.

So this number, should it be a random number ? Or do they want to add the user ID to the end?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

I'm so grateful for your help!
I think if an existing user has url: /john-anderson. Then the next person with the same name get /john-anderson1 and the next /john-anderson2. But maybe it's hard? User ID may be a better solution.

Now another issue has emerged as well. My clien wants to be able to approve new users before they are registered? Is that possible?

,Nicklas

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicklas,

The ID would be easier, However the approval of the user would be much too complex for us to solve here in the forum.

What I would recommend is that you contact one of the registered contractors on our site for them to assist you with this.

https://toolset.com/contractors/

To add the user ID, just replace this link below.

With

$new_blog = wpmu_create_blog( $main_site, '/'.$user_info->user_login.'/', $user_info->user_login.''.$user_id, $user_id , array( 'public' => 1 ) );

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks!
Is it possible to auto set a user role to the new user? I have a custom role called "athlete"

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.