Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add NoFollow to Custom post types used in a Mulit-Relationship

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JSG 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

JSG

I have a multi relationship based on two custom post types. The information is not complete in each post type so I don't want search engines to index those posts. I do however want the intermediary posts indexed.

How would I accomplish a nofollow on the post types and not the intermediary posts?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

There are two things, one is excluding the posts from search results and do not index the page so that nothing should be indexed by google when you display that specific page.

OR

do you want that some specific anchor tags (links) should be not indexed by google?

Can you please clarify what links exactly you do not want to be not followed/indexed on what page? Does those links are displayed using Toolset Views?

JSG

I have two Custom Post Types -

Job details
hidden link

And

Job Locations
hidden link

Combined they form job posts that look like this.
hidden link

I do not want Google to index the custom post types. Only the combined custom posts.

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Toolset do not involve here as indexing and follow features are offered by SEO plugins.

Please check the following links:
=> https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/23502/how-to-noindex-nofollow-custom-post-type
=> hidden link

if you know PHP then you can customize the code as required - you should adjust the code as required:
=> hidden link

JSG

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.