Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add new repeatable group is not showing.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I would like to automatically increment a custom field value when I create a new post in my custom post type. The field value should be the highest field value from the other posts, plus one.

Solution:

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/number-will-increment-when-editing-post-auto-numbering-posts-vs2/#post-644615

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 25 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by samyL-2 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

1. Do I need to install beta version of both Views & Types?

2. I have already worked on the design, templates and it's complete and website is live. Can I remove the Views & Types plugin and then install the beta version and will my settings, designs, templates be still intact?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

1. Do I need to install beta version of both Views & Types?
=> Its fine even though if you install Types beta only.

2. I have already worked on the design, templates and it's complete and website is live. Can I remove the Views & Types plugin and then install the beta version and will my settings, designs, templates be still intact?
=> I explain this to you yesterday as well - that you should not use Beta version on live/production site. Still - if you want to use it - use it on your own risk.

=> Secondly - nested repeatable fields group is part of Beta plugins - so it's your choice if you want to use it on your live site or not.

I suggest you use stable plugins for now and use nested repeatable fields group when you see it's available with stable release.

Also - dont forget to take backup of your live site whenever you want to go for update - as if in case anything went wrong you can safely revert it.

I hope now I make all things clear.

relationships.jpg

Hi Minesh,

First. Your Support is simply AWESOME. KUDOS. _/\_ (The files & database are backed-up, thank you for reminding.)

Second. I was able to remove types & views stable plugin and was able to install the beta version. I understand that I have to use the stable version in production/live site, but I need the repeatable feature immensely.

Third. Question. I went to Custom Fields > Posts Fields > And clicked on the edit of existing posts but cannot see "repeatable group" button beside "add new field". Is it due to because "Your site has relationships that use the old storage"... please check the screenshot.

Minesh
Supporter

Second. I was able to remove types & views stable plugin and was able to install the beta version. I understand that I have to use the stable version in production/live site, but I need the repeatable feature immensely.
==> Still - I wanted to warn you again - please take backup of your site - if something goes wrong - Toolset will not be responsible. I suggest you create staging server and first work on that with Beta plugins. (After all - your choice 🙂 )

Third. Question. I went to Custom Fields > Posts Fields > And clicked on the edit of existing posts but cannot see "repeatable group" button beside "add new field". Is it due to because "Your site has relationships that use the old storage"... please check the screenshot.
==> I dont think so. There might be a chance that your installation maybe corrupted as you by mistake installed Types Beta and again revert to stable release. That is why I asked you to check with clean wordpress installation with only Toolset Types Beta plugin active. Do you see the button as I shared in screenshot. If yes: its hard to tell why its not showing on your live site.

I am not seeing repeatable group field button.

Okay, I will do a fresh installation.

1. Can it be done in localhost?

2. Can I export and import all types & views settings including template, CSS and all, in a fresh installation?

3. How should I export and import all pages/posts created via types & views, in a fresh installation?

Minesh
Supporter

1. Can it be done in localhost?
==> yes

2. Can I export and import all types & views settings including template, CSS and all, in a fresh installation?
=> You can only export Types settings - not content.

3. How should I export and import all pages/posts created via types & views, in a fresh installation?
=> Here is the Doc:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-to-importexport-types-structures/

Hi Minesh,

I see that types beta has been removed from the downloads. I was about to check the same in fresh WordPress installation in localhost.

When can we expect "replaceable group" fields in a stable release? Any-any dates/months which you can enlighten us, as we need that feature.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi there

Minesh is sick but will hopefully be back tomorrow.

The Types beta was mistakenly removed from the downloads page, it should be back now if you want to check again.

The release candidate for the updates to Types 3.0 and related plugins is due soon—hopefully next week—and after further testing should be ready to be published as stable later in the month.

Minesh
Supporter

Beta is available now. Could you please mark resolve this ticket and kindly open a new ticket with your each new question. This will help other users searching on the forum.

I will open a new thread for new question. Thank you for all your support.

Hi, I've got the same issue
Can't get the repeating field group to be displayed even with latest version of TYPES plugin v3.1.2
I've upgraded from a V2 version of the plugin because i was using it already on a website.
Please advise
thx

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.