Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add new repeatable group is not showing.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I would like to automatically increment a custom field value when I create a new post in my custom post type. The field value should be the highest field value from the other posts, plus one.

Solution:

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/number-will-increment-when-editing-post-auto-numbering-posts-vs2/#post-644615

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 25 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by samyL-2 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

"Add new repeatable group" is not showing up. Please help.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I need to check what plugin version you are using:

Could you please send me debug information that will help us to investigate your issue.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I have added the debug information. Please check and let me know.

I used the production and it didn't show the option so I tried beta version and now I don't know how to go back to production version.

Also, I am setting this up in localhost as such I have used the key in localhost, however the in the plugins page it is still asking me to put the key. Though, I am able to use the features without any issue.

Minesh
Supporter

I have added the debug information. Please check and let me know.

I used the production and it didn't show the option so I tried beta version and now I don't know how to go back to production version.
==> You made a mistake here - those Beta's have major updates. And the information you sent to me is not helpful as you moved to Beta version. You should use current stable plugins for your production version. Please delete all current Toolset plugins from your plugins page and download all stable plugins from your account's download page and install it using plugins page or FTP.

Also, I am setting this up in localhost as such I have used the key in localhost, however the in the plugins page it is still asking me to put the key.
==> This issue is known and soon we will fix it.

Though, I am able to use the features without any issue.
==> Yes - you can use the features still.

Once you revert please share screenshot where the issue is and what's not working with all required information.

I have types and views setup for lots of pages and templates.

If I delete views and types plugins than all setup that I did will be lost.

However, I have removed all plugins except types and views which is currently being used.

Please let me know how should I roll back to views and types plugin without losing all the current data.

Minesh
Supporter

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***

Well - if you delete the Types and views plugins - it will not delete the content (post types, custom fields, views) you created. So backup your site and try to back to the original setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***

What I want is the same setup when you started this ticket with the same issue.

Okay. Please allow me some time. I will write back to you tomorrow, once I do the things you mentioned.

I believe I have made the changes. Please let me know how can I send the debug information.

Minesh
Supporter

Do you still see the same issue? If yes:
- Could you please share screenshot where exactly you are having the issue.

Do you see any javascript errors on your browser's console?

toolset.png

Here's the screenshot attached.

There is no error and I'm able to use Views & Types without any issue. However, not getting an option of "Add new repeatable group" in the screenshot below.

Can you please help.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - so let me clear here something.

The nested repeating fields group is added with Beta version. You need to download the latest Types Beta version from your Account's download page. Please select "Beta" from top left dropdown.

Please note that - we are on still Beta stage with new Many to Many relationship and the nested repeating fields group is available with it. You should play with it but I do not recommend to use it for your production version.

I updated to Beta version via plugin (there was an option of production and beta) and thus I activated it. However, I didn't get repeated group field option there.

Am I missing something? Is there different beta versions?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I just installed the Types 3.0-b1 and I can see the button to add repeatable fields group.

Please check following screenshot:
= >hidden link

I suggest you start with fresh install and try to resolve your issue.

How can I change types plugin from stable to beta?

Minesh
Supporter

As I suggested - Please try with clean WordPress install and download the Types and view's beta and install it on this fresh install and check if you can able to see the button I shared in screenshot.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.