Skip Navigation

[Resolved] "Add New Repeatable Group" button not appearing – even on single post type

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by CraigS3893 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to add a Repeatable Group to a development site - I need to work locally on this before deploying to the live server so can't share links. I've updated WP locally, and Types to 3.3.7 but the "Add New Repeatable Group" button isn't showing at all (not even greyed out, it just isn't there). I've selected the new single post type I want to add the group to, but it's still not there. Have tried in multiple browsers with hard-refresh on all and still nothing. On the live site, the button is there and operating as expected, but I can't develop on the live site.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Do you see any warnings or errors in your PHP logs?

Can you disable the other plugins and switch to a default theme such as twentynineteen and check again? If it then appears that points to a conflict, which you should hopefully be able to identify through a process of elimination.

Let me know what you find.

Hi, tried twentynineteen with same result, there's no button to add a repeatable group. Have tried disabling all plugins other than Types and issue remains. There's nothing in the console error log.

I had a similar issue before and it was down to caching, but I've tried in every local browser, including Safari (which I never use) and I've performed a 'hard-refresh and empty cache' on each and the problem remains.

Have tried restarting Chrome/FF too, it makes no difference.

Nigel
Supporter

This rings a bell, but I can't for the life of me find any other thread or internal ticket that describes a similar issue.

I wouldn't expect browser caching to affect this at all, though it's not impossible that server caching could, and if there were any relevant errors or warnings they would be in the PHP debug logs, not the browser console.

If you haven't already, turn on the debug log by editing your wp-config.php file and change the line with WP_DEBUG like so:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
define('WP_DISABLE_FATAL_ERROR_HANDLER',true);

That will create a debug.log file in your /wp-content/ directory which you can examine in any text editor. Try visiting the settings page for Custom Field Groups again and then inspect the log. If you don't find the debug.log file it means it didn't generate any warnings or errors.

If there are no errors or warnings, then can you provide me with a copy of your site for testing locally?

hidden link

Hi Nigel
Thanks for getting back to me.

Tried the debugging stuff and no errors were flagged.

I've created a duplicator package:

hidden link

hidden link

Can you enable secure fields so I can pass the username and password I've added for you?

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Craig

I installed the site copy locally and I see the same, even after disabling everything but Types and switching theme to twentynineteen.

(There are quite a few deprecation notices in the debug.log coming from your theme, but nothing pertinent, and not relevant after switching theme.)

I did some basic testing but didn't make any progress, so I'm escalating this so that my colleagues in second tier can take a deeper dive.

I'll keep you posted.

Nigel
Supporter

Actually, I just spotted something.

If you go to Toolset > Relationships it says you have old relationships that should be migrated.

I looked through your existing post types and I don't see any one-to-many relationships created with Types 2.x, did the site contain any such relationships do you know?

Hi Nigel, well spotted!

The site was built over a year ago using Types 2 and there must have been some legacy relationship stuff floating around that was causing the problem.

I've run the fix on the Relationships panel and the Add Repeating Group button is now there.

Thanks for your help.

Craig

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.