Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add Messaging to relate to CPT

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by larryL 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I've configured Messaging per the online walkthrough. Although it doesn't seem to allow new converations (based upon subject to start (IOW I start conversation 1 'Test Message 11' & conversation 2 'Test Message 12' happens in the same thread).

WHat I would like to do is related messages to posts within custom post types. For example: within a post in a CPT 'test' a logged in user could open a new message to discuss the post. It would append to the bottom of the post and the message content would visible only to people who view/participate in that post. If that user opens another post/CPT they can start a fresh message about it.

Is this possible or do you suggest an alternative method?

Thanks!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Larry,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The messaging system that you refer to ( https://toolset.com/learn/how-to-create-a-messaging-system-with-toolset/ ) is designed for a 1-to-1 communication between two specific users registered on the website, without linking the conversation to any specific post.

If your requirement involves a group discussion between more than two users, about an individual post, it would be best to use WordPress' built-in "Comments" feature.
https://wordpress.org/support/article/comments-in-wordpress/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

I had a feeling you would say that. I was hoping to have more control over the threading. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.