Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add Media fails from CRED front end

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by AllanF5151 7 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
NOT_ALLOWED_upload_files-INSERT-MEDIA.PNG
Add_Media_Button_WYSIWYG.PNG

I am trying to: Use to "Add Media" Button in the CRED WYSIWYG front end to upload media files for a user role called "poster". The upload fails and you get a "Not Allowed to Upload Files" message. See screenshots.

1. Go to: hidden link (Login: ebba pw: jana)
2. Go to: hidden link
3. Use the "Add Media" button
4. "Insert Media" >> "UPLOAD FILES" tab

I am using Toolset ACCESS for roles/permissions

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I just tried with my test site and I can successfully able to upload the file.

1)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

2)
Could you please activate WP_DEBUG from wp-config.php file and send me possible errors for review.

It worked because I had activated another role editor plugin and de-activated ACCESS,

I will reactivate ACCESS and deactivate the other. Try it again and you'll get an error.

Minesh
Supporter

If WordPress is installed in its own directory, there is an issue with image upload and for that, our developers provided hotfix in order to fix the issue.
=> https://toolset.com/errata/upload-fails-wordpress-installed-directory/

Could you please confirm if above patch help you to resolve your issue?

I copied the file but it still does not work. It works with another plugin which I can use instead, it's not issue.

Can you solve another error/issue for me with the same thread or I have to start a new thread?

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - Kindly open a new ticket, as it will help other users searching on the forum.

Thank you for understanding.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.