Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add Filter by taxonomies

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user has added a taxonomy filter to a post type archive template, but the filter is empty.

Solution:
Make sure that the post type has the taxonomy assigned, and that at least one post has a term from that taxonomy.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by janD-6 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I added a filter in products by taxonomy "Bussiness Types" if you go to "Products" hidden link the dropdown is working and filter ok
Many products have relationship with one supplier.
In the tab "Suppliers" hidden link I try to add a filter for the suppliers who have the products in that taxonomies, but the dropdown is not working and the user can´t select one taxonomy to filter the suppliers.

On other side, I would like to add stars ratings for the products and for suppliers, I can add to the template, but I can´t find how the custom field must be place in the custom fields group

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I can´t see the exact problems or solution. And the options showed it is not working.
Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Is the taxonomy also used on the custom post type Suppliers? We can't filter by a taxonomy when it is not attached to the custom post type. And we can't filter by the taxonomy that is attached to a related custom post type(Products).

If you need the suppliers to be filtered by that taxonomy too, you will need to assign the taxonomy to the custom post type, either in Toolset->Post Types, or in Toolset->Taxonomies.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi Jamal, thank you for your answer!
The taxonomy is assigned to both, and now it is working.
STARS RATING
I would like to add stars ratings for the products and for suppliers, I can add to the template, but I can´t find how the custom field must be place in the custom fields group

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I can´t see the exact problems or solution. And the options showed it is not working.
Is there a similar example that we can see?

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/add-stars-to-a-custom-post-type/

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Awesome. However, for support rules, we are able to handle only one issue at a time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also helps other users to find all the information here exposed. For that reason, I have created another ticket and posted my reply to your last question there.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.