Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add FontAwesome icon to WooCommerce button

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to add a FontAwesome icon to the WooCommerce Add to Cart button.

Solution: Add the following code to your WordPress Archive's Loop JS editor:

jQuery(document).ready(function(){
  jQuery('a.add_to_cart_button').prepend('<i class="fa fa-cart-plus" aria-hidden="true"></i> ');
});

Add the following code to your filters JS editor:

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_pagination_completed', function( event, data ) {
  jQuery("html, body").animate( {scrollTop: 0}, "fast");
  jQuery('a.add_to_cart_button, .cart button.button.alt').prepend('<i class="fa fa-cart-plus" aria-hidden="true"></i> ');
});
This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.77 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dmitryK-2 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: use instructions from https://toolset.com/forums/topic/using-font-awesome-icons-in-woocommerce-add-to-cart-button/ thread. No luck.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: I've added

[wpv-woo-buy-or-select add_to_cart_text="<script>jQuery('a.add_to_cart_button').prepend('<i class="fa fa-cart-plus" aria-hidden="true"></i> ');</script>" show_quantity_in_button='yes' link_to_product_text="" group_add_to_cart_text="" external_add_to_cart_text=""]

Instead, I got: FA Basket not showing up.

Hi, the script should not go in the wpv-woo-buy-or-select shortcode. It should go in the JS panel of your template or Layout.
Remove the script information from the shortcode like this:

[wpv-woo-buy-or-select add_to_cart_text="Add to cart" show_quantity_in_button='yes' link_to_product_text="" group_add_to_cart_text="" external_add_to_cart_text=""]

Then add it in the JS panel without the script tags, and wrap it in a jQuery document ready handler:

jQuery('a.add_to_cart_button').prepend('<i class="fa fa-cart-plus" aria-hidden="true"></i> ');
});

Hi Cristian, I've tryed to. insert it in all places on my test site - no good. Can you please have a look inside admin panel?

I've putted it in:
1. Toolset > Layouts CSS & JS > JS editor
2. Toolset > WordPress Archive > ID1670 > JS Editor of Filter, JS Editor of LoopOutput
3. Toolset > ContentTemplate. > ID1691 > Edit with DiviBuilder > section Code

Hi Cristian, can we proceed? I still need assistance to find the right place for this code.

I'll be glad to take a look. Please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here.

I've tested the credentials provided in last private massage - been able to logon . We can continue !

2018-10-23_16-32-47.jpg

Рщ Cristian, one more observation for you - in case product is variable - everything. is works on. archive page, in case it is single with quantity - not works! may this help for you?

Okay I have removed the jQuery code everywhere except the WordPress Archive Loop JS editor. I also modified the code to work with the single Product buttons:

jQuery('a.add_to_cart_button, .cart button.button.alt').prepend('<i class="fa fa-cart-plus" aria-hidden="true"></i> ');
});

Please check now and let me know if the problem is not resolved.

Ok, can you please take a look at soapmaker.pro/shop
It all good in case we see page 1 of catalogue. Please switch to page 2 or next --- cart disappears . Can we fix it ?

This page is updated with AJAX:
hidden link

After the results update, you must trigger the JavaScript code once again to insert the icons. On the QAS site, I can see this code in the WordPress Archive filter JS panel:

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_pagination_completed', function( event, data ) {
});

If that code is on the live site too, you can add your icon script in the pagination callback to trigger the update:

});

Appreciated!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.