Skip Navigation

[Resolved] add donate checkbox at checkout

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hyukP 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
GB-donate at checkout.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Looking for the best approach to add a Checkbox that will have a designated amount that will be added to the amount at checkout.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Didn't find any.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
None available.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

What would be the best approach to add a checkbox to the checkout process to at a designated about to the final total?
The client would like to have the option, "Would you like to donate $8.00 to X Foundation"?
When the checkbox is selected the $8 would be added to the total.
Maybe on the Additional info page or final payment page?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I suspect that you are using woocommerce to do your checkout options. In this case you will need to use a plugin that will modify the checkout for you to add the donation.

One such plugin that you can use is this one below.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-donations/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.