Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add custom post type to theme archive and sort by view

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to:
Hi, I have create a custom post type EVENT ; then a custom field : start_date (data picker value) ; then a view ( to display POST TYPE and custom post type "EVENT" whit start_date = > today ) .
Now i wish add this view to my theme Home-blog archive . How can i do ?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Let me see how best I can assist you.

What I would recommend that you do is to contact your theme authors support forum as they would best know how to add this to the home page blog.

The reason is that you are able to display a view with a shortcode and you only need them to point you in the right direction on where to add this shortcode.

Please let me know if this helps.
Could you also let me know the theme you are using.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
thanks for your support,
i try to contact author theme support .
just another question:
Can i create a new custom archive whit identical style features of theme archive and set it as homepage without using html and css ?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alessandro,

Unfortunately not, in order to get an exact replica of your theme's archive style you will need to apply some css and html styling to the loop in order to get it the view output to display like the one that your theme provides.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.