Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add checkbox field to every text field occurence

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by romanB-3 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hello,
I have set a custom text field that allows multiple values.
I now need to have a checkbox for each one of these values.
How could I set that up ?
Thank you.

Dear roman,

I assume we are talking about a repeating field group, there is such a feature within Types plugin, but you can try this: use a custom post type with single instance field (text field + checkbox field), see our document:
Creating Groups of Repeating Fields with Types
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-groups-of-repeating-fields-using-fields-tables/

Hello and thank you,

It's great and worked like a charm.

So I have a child custom post type ("sources") on my main custom post type ("dépêches").
I would now like to improve this with the following :
1- each "dépêche" can be related to various "sources"
2- each "source" can be related to various "dépêches"

That would mean that by registering a new "dépêche", the user may search-and-select among the "sources" allready registered.

How would I set this up ?

Thank you very much.

It is a new question, and it will be great if you can create new thread for the new question, thank will help other users to find the answers.

In your case, I suggest you setup many-to-many relationship between post type "sources" and "dépêches", see our document:
Creating and Displaying Many-to-Many Post Relationships
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/many-to-many-post-relationship/

Many to many is what I was looking for. I'll open a new thread if I need more info.
Thank you very much !

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.