Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add ajax post button to each search result

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.69 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Check out this site: hidden link
They have a "heart" button on each search result.
I want to achieve that same result using Toolset.
I want to add a heart button to each search result.
When I click that button it should result in an Ajax Post being made to the server. I should be able to add a handler in my functions.php that will handle updating the user's favorites when the button is clicked.

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

I achieved this result on another test version of this site without using Toolset:

hidden link
Note that each "Save" button in the results is actually a submit button for an Elementor form.
I'm using the Elementor Form API described here: hidden link

add_action( 'elementor_pro/forms/new_record', function( $record, $handler ) {
// code to update favorites goes here
}, 10, 2 );

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - your requirement is such that I would suggest using the readymade plugin that is designed specifically for such a task. If you try to implement using Toolset, it needs customization and I see you are using elementor and for such elementor customizatio, you may need to contact the elementor support.

If you search on google, you will find that there are a number of "Favorites" plugin option is available on the WordPress plugin repo:
=> https://wordpress.org/plugins/favorites/
=> hidden link
=> hidden link
=> hidden link

I suggest you should try to use the above available ready solution and try to resolve your issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.