Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add a "load more" option to infinite scrolling

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

We love the new 'infinite scrolling' feature, except it won't quite work in our circumstance without a little more flexibility.

Consider this page:

hidden link

We’re using the new “infinite scrolling” behavior in Toolset Views so that when you scroll to the bottom of the page, more results are loaded in via ajax.

The problem is that with this behavior, you are prohibited from being able to click on anything in the footer! 🙂

We would like an option so that instead of using scrolling to trigger AJAX loading of another page of results, there’s a simple “Load more” link which loads another page of results. You can click ‘load more’ as many times as you like.

In so doing, we preserve the ability to have "infinite results" without sacrificing the visitors' ability to use the footer of the page.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Canton,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I'm pleased to inform you that I was able to see this on one of our feature requests for our future views version.

Currently it is not available in our current version but it is something on the road map to be added.

Unfortunately we do not have a workaround for this at the moment 🙁

Any solution to this will require custom coding that is currently out of the scope of our forum support.

I'm sorry I was not able to assist more with this matter but the best advice I can give is to be patient with us as we work on implementing this.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.