Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Ad injection into the content with advanced ads plugin using Layouts

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by petraS-2 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to:
I use advanced ads plugin to manage ads. This plugin automatically insert post ads after paragraphs and other positions. This plugin works fine but with using Layouts it doesnt work (no ads are displayed).

My partner asked the plugin-autor and the plugin is useing the_content filter. You can read the support thread here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/placements-with-toolset-layouts/

I use [wpv-post-body view_template="None"] to inset the post body and the suppress_filters brings no change.

So, is there any way to use ad injection with advanced ads togehther with toolset layouts?

I found another ticket here that suggests it can work. https://toolset.com/forums/topic/ad-injection-to-content-returns-multiple-ads/

I would be happy for help.
Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how this layout is set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details along with the link to a page where this layout can be seen?

Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

During testing on my own website, I was able to reproduce this compatibility issue between Layouts and the automatic Ad placement feature from the Advanced Ads plugin.

Appreciate you brought this forward and I've shared these findings with the concerned team. I'll keep you updated on the progress through this ticket.

For now, a workaround can be to use that plugin's shortcodes, to manually place the Ads as needed.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks for the support and I am looking forward to the results.
Greetings

Any progress here? Thanks for an answer.
Greetings

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for writing back.

I've requested an update from the compatibility team and I'll share it, once I'll hear back from them.

Thank you for your patience.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

I've heard back from the compatibility team and further testing has revealed that this can be fixed, by raising the "Priority of content injection filter" option to "1000".

You'll find this option at WP Admin -> Advanced Ads -> Settings -> General.

I hope this helps and please let me know how it goes.

regards
Waqar

Thank you for pointing out this setting. Works great now.
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.