Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Activating Layouts Breaks WooCommerce Shop Layout

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by monicaB 7 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Correct page layout.png
Incorrect page layout.png

I have set up the WooCommerce shop page on my site using WooCommerce Views and some custom CSS (to achieve the masonry functionality). When Layouts is not activated, this page correctly displays using the archive-product.php template. However when I activate Layouts, the shop page displays using the index.php template, which is not expected.

I would like to use the Layouts plugin for other parts of the website, to deactivating is not a great option.

Can you please advise? (I submitted a similar request back in April, and tried to make do without Layouts but find it unworkable).

The site is staged at hidden link. The shop is at hidden link (not currently in the menu). You will need a password to unhide the staged site (wallybpup).

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Monica,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

This could be happening because there might be a layout assigned to the shop page.

Would you mind providing me with a screen of the shop page on the backend?

Thanks,
Shane

shop page - layouts deactivated.png
shop page - layouts activated.png

Sure, I've attached screenshots for the shop page with Layouts both activated and deactivated.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Monica,

Thank you for the screenshots.

Mind providing me with admin access ?

This way I can perform some more investigations to see whats wrong.

Thanks,
Shane

I am going to be doing some maintenance on the main domain, so if you have any trouble with grrowls.org/staging, please try staging.grrowls.org.

So, I went ahead and deployed the site while I was moving files around. I'll work on trying to fix this issue another time.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.