Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Activating Access plugin causes 500 Error

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The issue here is that the user is getting an error 500 when activating our access plugin.

Solution:

In this user's case the error was being caused by another plugin, so the recommendation was for them to disable all the non-toolset plugins and then activate access then being activating the other plugins one by one.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by KentS9937 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I was trying to debug a problem with the Avada Fusion Builder editor not working on selected posts. When I deactivated plugins to check for compatibility problems I was unable to re-activate Access. It gives me a 500 error.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Kent,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Could you follow the instructions below and enable the wordpress debugging so that we can get a little more details on the issue at hand ?

hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

I enabled WordPress debug. No errors were displayed or captured to the debug.log file. After receiving the 500 error, when I inspect the console for errors I see the following "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 () plugins.php:1"

I tried disabling all plugins except Toolset plugins. That didn't seem to change anything.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kent,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin and ftp access to the website to check on this issue for you ?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kent,

I tried checking on this for you but it seems that the errors just aren't showing up.

Are you able to access the php logs on the server? If you are could you please send me a copy to have a look at ?

Thanks,
Shane

The only message in the server error log is the following:

[Wed Jun 12 09:00:24.477726 2019] [:notice] [pid 47991] [client 72.252.197.163:47012] mod_hive matched URI hidden link (/home/intelalu/public_html/newsite/wp-login.php) with match 2, referer: hidden link

There is a file /wp-content/debug.log which has one error listed.

I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling Access. Will I lose settings if i remove it and add it back?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kent,

No you won't lose any settings.

Would you mind if I grabbed a copy of the site since you did mention an issue with the fusion builder as well ?

Thanks,
Shane

The Fusion Builder problem is resolved and was unrelated to Toolset. Yes, you may take a copy of the site to debug this issue. I did try deleting and reinstalling Access. That didn't fix it.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kent,

So i was able to setup the duplicator and found that I was able to activate the types plugin after i've disabled all the others. Then activate each of the others on by one.

Could you try this on your end and let me know ?

Thanks,
Shane

Yes, that worked. Very odd behavior. I wonder why it can't be activated when other plugins are active. Thanks for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.