Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Accessing trashed repeating field group posts

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Hi,

I have a repeating field group that I'm outputting on the front-end in a My Profile page. I'm using this shotcode to delete the files. which is working:

[cred-delete-post action='trash' onsuccess='self']Delete[/cred-delete-post]

2 questions:

When I click delete there's no confirmation popup like "Are yuo sure you want to delete...". That should be standard no?

And when I do delete, I'm using the action="trash" but where is the trash for repeating field groups? And are the files uploaded to the media library with the file upload field gone for good?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

repeating-field-group-post-status.png

Hi,

It seems that our chat was disconnected so I've moved the conversation to a support ticket.

> But it does not allow management through the admin area, I cannot delete them and I cannot retrieve them from trash...

- You can retrieve the trashed repeating field group posts, using a post view and a post status filter, as shown in the attached screenshot.

Once inside the view's loop, you can use the delete post shortcode to either permanently delete them or can use the edit form to change their post status.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks, but you were right and using a cpt rather than a repeating field group is the way to go for my needs.

It would be great if somehow there was contextual help/details about things like this while we're creating our sites. Sometimes users go in a certain directions like cpt vs. repeating field group or taxonomy vs. custom fields and are then have to re-do a lot of work when they realize they chose incorrectly.

Tim

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Tim,

Thanks for writing back and I'll pass on your feedback internally.

You're also welcome to reach us whenever there is any confusion or doubt about choosing one feature over the other.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions and for a new question/concern, please start a new ticket.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.