Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Accessing third party Media Folder organizer in Toolset forms

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by filipeC 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

When adding media to a custom post type, I would like to be able to access the Media library using a third party plugin (we're currently using WP Media Folders by JoomUnited) that organizes the media into folders. Is there any way to do this? The default WordPress media library is not organized in a way that is at all helpful for our site.

Hello, Toolset Forms does not provide any built-in integration with 3rd-party media organization plugins. Such integration would require custom programming that falls outside the scope of support we provide here in the forums. We do offer some PHP APIs for working with Forms data, so if you're a PHP developer and have interest in those APIs you can find the documentation available here: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/
We also offer generic fields, which in theory you could use to capture User input regarding how to organize their Media uploads. Then if your media organization plugin offers an API, you could combine with the Forms API for a custom application approach. Documentation for generic fields is available here: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/forms/cred-shortcodes/#cred_generic_field
There is no JavaScript API for Forms, so there's not much I can offer for interaction customization on the front-end.

Let me know if you have questions about the APIs or generic fields, and I can provide more in-depth details.

Actually, it turned out there was a setting to "display WP Media Folders on the front end" that was turned off. Once it was turned on, the two plugins work together well with no custom coding needed.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.