Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Access shortcode not working for new created user role

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pedro.S 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I created a user role with the name "GeneralPublicWithoutLogin" and set to inherit permissions from Guest.

I added the shortcode on the page with some content, actually it's on the theme customizer because the content is in the header:

[toolset_access role="GeneralPublicWithoutLogin" operator="allow"]<a href="">Login</a><span style="color:#ccc">   |   </span><a href="">Register</a>
[/toolset_access]

I went to another browser and it's not visible dispite i'm not logged in, actually logged in or not it does not show the content.
If i rename role to "Guest" it works because i can see the content in the non-loggedin browser.

What am i doing wrong?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Pedro,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I suspected that because the user's are "Guests" then they are automatically picked up as Guests by wordpress. When you create a custom role "GeneralPublicWithoutLogin", it is expecting that the user is assigned that role under their profile. However Guest users do not have a profile, hence wordpress defaults to the Guests role.

Please let me know if this clarifies the issue for you.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.