Skip Navigation

[Closed] Access private pages through a login modal form

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Waqas.

Author

Hi,
I am trying to make a private-selling site, so every user must be registered to view the website content. I'm using Access to make users see the homepage of the site. What I want to obtain is that if you go to any custom posto (made with Type) or product page, a modal window with a login/register form will appear, blurring the background (via css).

Since I didn't found a way to apply this via ACCESS plugin to my custom posts, i've added an Access code to my View template:

[toolset_access role="Guest" operator="allow"]

But now i don't know how to proceed: does Access have a login/register module to insert inside the role-conditional shortcode? Or should I use a plugin to do the login/register part?

The problem is that best modal login plugins come with theyr own role-based access system... so it makes Access plugin useless.

I think this is a must-have feature for access plugin: a login/register modal module loaded in the page you are viewing that let you register or login without lose the page you were watching.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Unfortunately, Access lacks this feature, but is already under development. You can not login/register via Access plugin. But of course, as you have used the short code to take decision, like where you want the login screen to come in, that's fine.

You can create a custom short code to bring the WP standard Login Screen. Following is a sample short code, returning standard login screen:

add_shortcode("login-screen", "login_screen");
function login_screen($atts) {
   return wp_login_form(array("echo" => false));
}

Add the above code to your functions.php file and use the short code as below:

[toolset_access role="Guest" operator="allow"]
     [login-screen]
[/toolset_access]

Please see for more information:

- https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_login_form
- https://codex.wordpress.org/Customizing_the_Login_Form

The topic ‘[Closed] Access private pages through a login modal form’ is closed to new replies.