Skip Navigation

[Resolved] access of relationship cpt

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ido Angel 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
guests.png
allowed-users.png

Hey,
My woocommerce products have relationship with a cpt called "sarig-products".
I restrict access per role to each product - only users with role "partner" can see the product called "partner", and so forth.
I made a layout for non-logged users (guests) with a login form, which is redirecting them after login to the product they are matched for (using the plugin "peter's login redirect).
But - when guests go to the product, instead of getting the login form once, they get the login form 5 times: the product + the 5 "sarig products" related to it. But I haven't restricted the "sarig products" cpt. By the way - I also get to see a text paragraph I entered in the single-product template made in elementor.
If I change "What to display for single-posts when there is no read permission" from the layout to the default error, I get the error fine, e.g just once.
This looks like a bug. Is there any way around this?
thanks!

So - I understood there's stil a compatibility issue with access and elementor.... so I converted to blocks! works 🙂

Ok - maybe someone DOES have a solution? Because I'm using a one page checkout plugin which doesn't work when I am using the woocommerce views template....
So , maybe we can either:
1) find a solution to the access/elementor problem
2) find how to make the plugin work when I'm on the woocommerce views template...
thanks!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Ido

It is not recommended to use Layouts and another page builder such as Elementor, you should choose one and stick with it.

So if you intend to use Elementor, I suggest you don't use Layouts.

You should be able to insert a log-in form into an Elementor template by adding the shortcode to an Elementor text module.

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-login-form

Do you want to reconfigure that and then see if you still have the original problem?

I can then get more details of that and see how to proceed.

Hey Nigel!
I can add the shortcode, no problem - the issue is that I can't use access with this page.
I login form to show only for guests, and the product to show only for logged in users. But when I put the product in a "post group" in access, It doesn't work (see images).
thx,
Ido

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

If you are using wpv-login-form to insert the log-in form, it should only appear to guests, not logged-in users.

I'll need to take a look at your site to see if I can understand what is going on, I'm having problems understanding your description.

I'll get back to you later.

Ok - I think I got the problem.
Let me try to explain:

I have a product. It's created with an Elementor Single-Product template.
I want to restrict access to this product, so I created a post group in "Access" and added the product to it. For not logged-in users (guests) I created a layout with a login form. And things go wrong.

From what you're saying, I gather that the issue is the error message I chose for the post group. If I choose the regular error message, things work OK. But If i redirect to a layout, then - like you said - it mixes layouts with elementor and that's wrong.
I'll try creating a 404 page with elementor which will hopefully act as the "default error", then I might be able to avoid the layout use and let's see if that works.

Thanks!

Ido

Worked!!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.