Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Access not working correctly

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 22.30.20.png

Access was working fine on this website for a long time. Recently it no longer allows the author to edit their own. Nothing has changed in the Access settings. I have disabled all plugins except Toolset and the problem continues (so not plugin conflict). I tried adding a new user and a new page - still did not work. Access is set up correctly (see attached)

Dear Seb,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, in case it is a compatibility problem with your theme files, please try these:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
2) If the problem still persists, please provide a database dump file (ZIP file) of your website in below private detail box, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Hi Luo. I have the SQL database dump file .zip if you require it? Please open up a hidden file upload area if you wish me to send it to you?

The SQL database dump file .zip isn't required, I am checking it in your website, will feedback if there is anything found

access2.JPG

I tried it in my localhost, there isn't same problem.
Then I checked it in your website:
it is a problem of Adminimize plugin, you can simply deactivate it and test again。
For debug this problem, I just enabled the User Switching" plugin in your website, and switch to editor user "A Test", edit the post "Atest", see screenshot: access2.JPG

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.