Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Select2 not working on access control pages

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Select2 not working on access control pages

Solution:
You may find the conflict with select2 if you are using Slider Revolution plugin.

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/access-control-of-pages/#post-901650

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 15.41.25.png

Dear Sir/Madam

I am trying to use Access to control which pages a logged in user can view. I have followed your instructions and have so far completed these steps:
1. In Access Control/Post Types tab have selected the 'Managed by Access' checkbox
2. In Ac cess Control/Post Groups Tab added my first post group titled 'Logged In Users Only'

However the problem I'm having is that in the 'Choose which posts belong to this group' box, I cannot a) Type anything b) retrieve any posts or pages to select.

Even when I save the group and try to modify it the same error occurs.. I have attached a screenshot to show you the section that's not working.

Your help is much appreciated

Best wishes

Geoff

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - as you say, the select box is not working when you type anything. This looks like there is conflict between other third party plugins or theme.

In order to minimize the cause of the issue:
1)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

2)
Could you please check your browser's console and share any possible Javascript error?

Hi Minesh

Hope you're well...

I have isolated the 3rd party plugins one-by-one...and it turns out the conflict is with Slider Revolution. Obviously I could just deactivate/activate whenever I need to use the Access function but this seems like hard work...

Is there a workaround so I can have Slider Revolution working also...

The javascript console isn't throwing out anything relating to the issue..

Many thanks

Geoff

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I see this issue is already reported and its compatibility issue and this issue is from revolution slider.

The workaround is - add following line of code to your theme's style.css file:

.toolset_select2-container{z-index: 1000102;}

Hi Minesh

I have added the css but the problem still exists..

Regards

Geoff

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - I see another workaround.

you can open the browser console on the Access Control WPML Groups page and copy + paste the following code:

var css = '.toolset_select2-container{z-index: 1000102;}',
    head = document.head || document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0],
    style = document.createElement('style');

style.type = 'text/css';
if (style.styleSheet){
  style.styleSheet.cssText = css;
} else {
  style.appendChild(document.createTextNode(css));
}

head.appendChild(style);

Then press Enter to apply the style override. If you refresh the page or navigate away, you must repeat the process any time you return to this page. Our developers will need to collaborate with the Slider Revolution developers for a permanent fix here, so it may take some time. Thanks for understanding.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.