Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Access Control Noting Working for BbPress

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author

However, this shouldn't be necessary if I have the correct permissions checked for Access Post Type permissions right?
I understand what you're saying, and I have asked my 2nd tier team for some clarification here. It seems unnecessary, I agree. I'll let you know what I find out.

In the screenshot below, you can see the reply after #33121 is #33124 because the #33122 and #33123 did not seem to post.
I'm not able to reproduce this issue in my local clone of the site, so can you provide more information from your end? I'll need some information from teh DB. With phpMyAdmin or some other inspection tool, please look for those two missing posts - IDs 33122 and 33123 - in the posts table. For both posts, please answer these questions:
- What is the post_status?
- What is the post_type?
- What is the post_parent?
- What is the guid?

Thank you I really appreciate it.

Would it be possible for you to log into the dev site and use one of these tools? I am not familiar with phpMyAdmin or other inspection tools so I am not sure how to find that information.

Hi Christian,

After looking around the admin dashboard, I noticed that the posts were marked as spam. I am guessing this is because I was posting quickly when testing. I wouldn't know, but I am guessing this is probably a BbPress thing, not Access.

Thanks for the update about the spam posts, that helps explain why I was unable to replicate this problem. The spam status would be triggered by bbPress, not Access. I am still waiting to receive some feedback from my 2nd tier team and I'll update you when I have that information.

Hi, just quick update to let you know our 2nd tier team is opening a new ticket internally to investigate the reply issues. To help keep things focused and organized per issue, I have split the reply problem into a separate thread and linked that new thread to the internal new ticket. Since the original issue I raised for this ticket was the initial submission or creation, I think we can consider this one resolved and follow up in the new ticket about the reply issue. I hope that makes sense!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.