Skip Navigation

[Resolved] able to upload image through regular media upload, but not through toolset

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Capture.PNG

I am trying to: upload images in repeating image field

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: admin

I expected to see: regular image upload scenario

Instead, I got: when i click upload, whether i choose single or multiple, the 'add image button is grayed out. i've cleared cdn, website, and browser cache. pc/chrome

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Malaga

This is in the back-end, editing a post, which has an image custom field that accepts multiple values, and you click to select an image to add but you can't add any, is that right?

It looks in your screenshot like your media library is empty. (The button is greyed-out because you haven't selected an image to insert, but there are none visible.)

Can you check whether this happens with only Types active and using twentytwenty?

(Before you do that, you could just try disabling the Enhanced Media Library plugin, which is an obvious candidate for a conflict.)

this is a live site and i can't disable plugins, but this has not been a problem till now. yes, there are lots of images - the image i shared is the upload tab - not functioning. if i upload via the regular media function, then i can select it in toolset. just can't upload from toolset.

Nigel
Supporter

Can you try disabling just that Enhanced Media Library plugin?

Are there any warnings or errors in the browser console?

How about the PHP debug logs?

If you haven't already, turn on the debug log by editing your wp-config.php file and change the line with WP_DEBUG like so:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
define('WP_DISABLE_FATAL_ERROR_HANDLER',true);

That will create a debug.log file in your /wp-content/ directory which you can examine in any text editor.

ok, it did work to disable the plugin. we've been using it for at least a year - probably two. do we have to live without it?

Nigel
Supporter

Not necessarily, if we can identify what the cause is we may be able to fix it.

I'll see if I can reproduce the problem on a local test site.

I'm not familiar with the plugin. Anything I should know about the settings you've been using for it?

i can export the settings - it's a json file.

Nigel
Supporter

Great, you can share here via dropbox or similar.

hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Thanks, I confirmed the issue (there is a JS error in the console; that breaks the upload tab) and it happens just with the vanilla settings, just activating the plugin is sufficient to provoke the problem.

I've escalated this to the compatibility team so that they can investigate further and determine if it is something we need to fix or the plugin authors do, and I'll let you know what they find.

thanks!

Nigel
Supporter

My colleagues got back to me and pointed out that this happens even with Toolset plugins disabled, if you try to add a Featured Image to a standard Post, the same error occurs which breaks the Upload tab.

This is the JS error:

TypeError: this.obj._listeners is undefined > backbone.min.js:2:3747

You'll need to report that to the plugin authors, it appears to be a bug in their plugin that occurs with no other plugins active.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.