Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Ability to Create Content Template with Elementor Pro?

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidM-17 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi Toolset Team,

I just tried out Elementor Pro Version 2.1.0-RC1 with the latest version of Toolset. I noticed that when I use Beaver Builder with Toolset I have the option to create Toolset Content Templates using Beaver Builder, but that this option is not available with the Elementor Pro integration. Is there a plan to add this, or does Toolset suggest that we create the content templates using Elementor Pro instead?

FYI, I tried creating Elementor Pro templates for my CPT created with Toolset and ran into some issues which I reported to Elementor. The post body is not an option in their list of dynamic widgets and all of the types of fields you can have with Toolset don't show up in the list of dynamic fields either. For example, my CPT had a URL field but only text and date fields were options to pick.

Thank you!

It's not in our focus just yet to allow CT edition with Elementor.
(I think I remember discussing that recently in Facebook and passed some feedback to the developers as well).

The main reason for this is that Elementor already provides the templating system.

In this coming week some major updates will be released as well in regard to Elementor Compatibility.

==> "and all of the types of fields you can have with Toolset don't show up in the list of dynamic fields either".

According the tickets I found, these should most (but not all) work fine with the new features.
But, Let me check this with the developers exactly so I can give you a proper answer.

OK, this was done by Elementor using Toolset API, so there is no update from our end pending, to have the Fields working in the Elemtor Editors.
Issues related to it should probably be directed to Elementor as there is no code on our side that needs to support that.

What was done on the side of Toolset is the (already released) Views Widget, and a close to be released Forms Widget.

The Edition of Templates (Toolset CT) is not planned, but I added this to the features to be discussed.

Hi Beda,

Thank you for the information. If the plan is to use the Elementor functionality to create the content template, then for the archive loop, should we insert an Elementor shortcode in the content template area for the View?

I did submit info to the Elementor team in as far as I can tell, the Post Content widget is not working as it should for a custom post type, but I could be doing it wrong.

I discovered that the field types, like URL, are mapped in the Elementor UI input to places where you can click, like a button or a link on an image. That is fine for many uses, but there are times when you want a URL output inline. When editing with Beaver Builder, we have the Toolset button on the Text Editor where we can select the shortcodes to insert. Is that planned for the Elementor text widget?

Best,

David

This are the 2 things majorly possible now with it:

- The Toolset View widget allows you to insert Views into the Elementor Pages and Templates.
==> There are relatively advanced settings there to be used as well for this widget.

- Using Elementor Pro you can create Templates, including Single templates for your custom post types.
==> You can insert Toolset fields into these templates.

This is done by creating a custom post type with custom fields using the Toolset Types plugin, and in Elementor -> My templates, add a new template.
Select the type, post type, asset a name.
Now, you design your template using Elementor and insert Toolset fields into it, using one of the following widgets:
Post title, Page title, Heading, Text Editor, Video, Button, Map, Icon, Icon box, Image.
Once you opened such a widget, click on the "Dynamic" icon.
Now you should see (Scroll down the list) the Toolset section and select the Toolset field.
In the field Settings -> Key locate your field and follow the GUI.

But, it's not possible to do that in an Archive yet.
Or, on a Content Template.

Thanks Beda,

I imagine / hope they will add the ability to create a template for an archive in another beta update. Thank you for the research and information.

Best regards,

David

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.