Skip Navigation

[Resolved] a new bug between layout and oceanwp

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi

When i want change something in this layout or other, its impossible now
the only way for it to work is to turn off ocean wp
and this site has been online for two years with this theme

What i have to do
Thanks
Guy

hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Could I get credentials to check the back end of your site and visit that link?

Do you know did the problem begin after an update? Of Layouts? Of the theme?

I have set up a private reply.

Nigel
Supporter

I logged in and made a small edit to the Layout, adding a Visual Editor cell with the word "test" in it, and I didn't experience any problems, even though the OceanWP theme is active.

Perhaps it is a caching issue.

Could you clear your browser cache and perform a hard reset, and try again?

i clear the cache, i can create new laout but i cant change it after ercording it

Nigel
Supporter

OK, now I see the problem. You can edit a Layout, but not individual cells within the Layout, because the edit icon is missing when hovering over a cell.

I identified that the problem is not with the OceanWP theme, but with the Ocean Extra plugin extension.

I've reported that so it can be investigated by my colleagues, and I'll let you know what they find.

Nigel
Supporter

The Ocean Extra plugin dequeues on of the stylesheets used by Layouts, and we'll need to discuss that with the plugin authors.

In meantime as a workaround you can re-regsiter the styles manually using the following code snippet:

function load_custom_wp_admin_style(){
    wp_register_style( 'font-awesome2', get_bloginfo('stylesheet_directory') . '/assets/css/third/font-awesome.min.css', false, '1.0.0' );
    wp_enqueue_style( 'font-awesome2' );
}
add_action('admin_enqueue_scripts', 'load_custom_wp_admin_style',9999);

I'll update you again when I have more news about a permanent fix.

i re register in
OceanWP Child: functions.php
and
nothing change

Nigel
Supporter

I hadn't tested it, so I did just now, and on my local test site adding that code snippet fixes the problem.

Can you try with the OceanWP parent theme instead of the child theme?

And if it still doesn't work, you would need to try with all the non-Toolset plugins disabled (except Ocean Extra) to see if one of the other plugins is also causing a conflict.

I tried everything, the only thing that works is to deactivate ocean extra

Nigel
Supporter

I just checked your site, and the workaround script is not added to your child theme's functions.php, nor to Toolset > Settings > Custom code.

So I added it myself as a code snippet and I can see that it doesn't seem to be working, so I've gone back to my colleague for clarification, and I'll get back to you when I hear from them again.

Nigel
Supporter

My second-tier colleague has initiated discussions with the author of the Ocean Extra plugin, as the problem lies in their code and how they dequeue assets used by Toolset on admin pages that they shouldn't be touching.

It would likely help expedite the issue if you raised a support ticket with OceanWP, explaining that there there is a compatibility issue with Toolset Layouts caused by how they dequeue older versions of Font Awesome.

We will remain in contact with them about the problem, but it requires some (minor) code updates from them to resolve.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.