Skip Navigation

[Resolved] A lot of closing tags that didn't correspond to any opening tags

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by russellH-3 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi Luo:

I think I found something that's related, I've been running some of my webpages through Validator...

hidden link

… and it showed a lot of closing </p> tags that didn't correspond to any opening tags. And when I was finding pages that were having the issue mentioned above, I'd see the markup was wrong: the closing </p> tags would re-arrange, moving outside of a </div> and that would make sense of why things looked bad. I tried to find you an example, but right now my site is momentarily behaving — I'm sure it'll occur again.

But still, if you look at the source code in Firefox it'll highlight in red some extra </p> tags that don't relate to an opening tag. See attached pic, or look at this in Firefox: view-source:hidden link

Is this being caused by Layouts? I had a look in my functions.php file to make sure there was nothing there that might be doing it. And I had turned off all my plugins and switched themes before and this problem was there. The only consistent thing was that Layouts was active.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers, Russell

Hello again,

I can duplicate the same problem in my localhost, it happens when use "Front-end Layouts Editor" to insert an image cell with option “Caption title”, and I have escalated it, will update here if there is any news.

All right, thank you. If we could resolve this, it might help with the other issue I was messaging you about. I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

It is in our to-do list, and our developers are working on it, I will update here if there is anything news.

Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 09.21.25.png

OK great, thanks. I think it's happening across other sites where I use Layouts and insert an image, for example, on this page:

hidden link

Extra </p> tags are in the code. Screengrab attached. Anyhow, I'll wait to hear from you.

Kind regards, Russell

This issue has been put into our to-do list as a bug of Layouts plugin, as I mentioned above, I am not sure when will it be fixed, I am checking it with our support team leader, will update here if there is any news.

I just moved away from Layouts to build the pages and the issue has gone away. Thanks for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.