Skip Navigation

[Closed] A dynamic contactform -> receiver = the author

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Author

Hi,

is it possible to make a dyamic contactform on a custom post like: hidden link
This cpt has many differtent authors, these posts are ads from members. We want to remove the mailadres from the post and let people respond on this ad by using a contactform.

this is an example of what I want: hidden link (click on the blue button "Envoyer un message")

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

It is possible to create a contact form on your CPT with Toolset. The example that you provided(leboncoin.fr) is actually adding an extra step. The post has a "Envoyer un message" button that takes the visitor to another page and passes the post id in the URL(id=1801052597 in this example hidden link)

You can create a similar process, or you can just put the form on the post's page and avoid taking the user to another page(extra step)

Note that Toolset forms are bound to a specific post type, you will need to create an additional custom post type to hold these contact messages, you may call it "Contact Message". Then you'll have to create a form for creating Contact Message posts and configure a notification on the form to be sent to the email of the author of the post. For that, you will need to use generic fields to store the author's email, and then use that generic field to create the proper email notification.

Please take a look at our article on building a messaging system below, it has all the required steps to create the process that you want. Feel free to get back to me if something is not clear or if you need more details.
https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/views-plugin/how-to-create-a-messaging-system-with-toolset/

Thank you, Jamal,

I'm working on it....

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Awesome! I'll set this ticket as waiting for your feedback. As soon as you reply, it will appear on my queue and I'll get back to you asap.

The topic ‘[Closed] A dynamic contactform -> receiver = the author’ is closed to new replies.