Skip Navigation

[Resolved] A bug with BETA?

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ScottM9386 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi,

I'm trying the BETA version. I don't know if this is a bug or I'm just missing something, but when I'm logged in as a subscriber the Toolset menu appears. When i click on it it takes me to the Add and Edit Post-type page, where i can add and edit.
I've been all over access and can't find a setting for this and this didn't happen before when I was using the stable version.
Also - It would be really good if somewhere in the editor when your creating a CPT that has a relationship that you put - as I think you had before "After You Save Your Post You Can Select The Relationship" - a user would have no idea this option would be available and could easily miss after saving. This for my users would be ESSENTIAL.

Thanks!

Best Scott.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Scott

The toolbar visibility isn't determined by Toolset (disable Toolset plugins and you will still see it for logged-in users, including subscribers). Some themes may have options for disabling it, otherwise you can do it yourself by adding a simple filter call in your theme's functions.php:

add_filter('show_admin_bar', '__return_false');

That will disable the front-end toolbar for all users. If you want to only disable it for certain roles you would need to test for capabilities first.

Regarding your feedback about the post edit screen for parent posts, with a message about it being possible to set relationships after the post is saved, I have passed that back to the developers.

They expect to release a new beta update soon and it may be too late for such changes to make it into this update.

Thanks for the feedback.

toolset menu.JPG

Hi Nigel,
Thank you for your reply.
I should be more clear. I didn't mean the admin bar. And also I should clarify, I gave the subscriber privileges to publish and edit their own posts in the backend (I could of made them Authors instead I guess, controlling with Access). I'm going to be using a multi site for my project which solves a lot of problems for me (no front-end forms 🙂

What I meant was the toolset menu icon on the left is visible to the subscriber when in the dashboard. If clicked it takes them to the 'edit post-type' page.....not good.
Please see attached image.

Also, and I don't know if this will be an issue for me or not, they can change the content template when in the back-end post editor - I don't think I would want them to have that option.

Otherwise - I'm LOVING the new relationship function. I think it's going to be exactly what I need for my particular project.
My project is going to be awhile in the making and I'll be using the BETA throughout, I can give feedback if you want.

Thanks!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Scott

OK, understood. There hasn't been any work on Access integration yet—the next beta which is due very soon will include support for CRED and some support for WPML—so there are no conclusions to be drawn from anything you see related to Access and the current betas.

I'm glad you are getting on well with the betas, though, and as we update them do please continue to give feedback. We want the first full release to go as smoothly as possible.

Great! Will do!
Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.