Skip Navigation

[Closed] 404 on type with parent

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Luo Yang.

Author

When I try to go to the page for my 'Event' type it redirects to the parents type 'offering' and then 404's.

I have tried turning off all of my redirect plugins but no luck...

I have the following site: hidden link (this is a sandbox so I can tweek however I like)

It currently has all plugins disabled, apart from types & Views with the basic theme.

1) Go to hidden link
2) You will be redirected to hidden link and a 404

How do I fix this?

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Chinese (Simplified) (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Hi MrHinsh,

I can not duplicate same problem in my localhost, it seems is a problem caused by other redirect plugin

Could you try these:
1) In your theme functions.php flush the rewrite rules, copy and paste the following PHP code:

function my_custom_rewrite_flush() {
    flush_rewrite_rules();
}
add_action( 'init', 'my_custom_rewrite_flush' );

2) enable wp debug mode, and post debug logs here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

I have enabled Debug mode and flushed the cache. I have however no idea how to get the logs out. I can give you permission to my staging server?

hidden link

Results in nothing in the log... and a 404 as described above.

[28-Aug-2013 16:26:31] PHP Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/nas/wp/www/staging/nakedalmweb/wp-content/advanced-cache.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /nas/wp/www/staging/nakedalmweb/wp-settings.php on line 58
[28-Aug-2013 16:26:31] PHP Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/nas/wp/www/staging/nakedalmweb/wp-content/advanced-cache.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /nas/wp/www/staging/nakedalmweb/wp-settings.php on line 58
[28-Aug-2013 16:26:40] PHP Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/nas/wp/www/staging/nakedalmweb/wp-content/advanced-cache.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /nas/wp/www/staging/nakedalmweb/wp-settings.php on line 58
[28-Aug-2013 16:26:40] PHP Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/nas/wp/www/staging/nakedalmweb/wp-content/advanced-cache.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /nas/wp/www/staging/nakedalmweb/wp-settings.php on line 58

Luo Yang
Supporter

There is a problem in your advanced-cache plugin, please try deactivate it and test again.

I am unable to deactivate it as it comes with my host. This staging site is a copy of production and things like that only work in production. What possible relationship could that have with the ability of types to serve pages?

I don;t get that error on production and yet I still get 404...

I can provide you with access to the site.

Luo Yang
Supporter

OK, please send login details to my email: luo.y@onthegosystems.com, thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] 404 on type with parent’ is closed to new replies.