Skip Navigation

[Resolved] 2 same mandatory field in the same cred

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
make 2 same identical fields with the mandatory field and validate in the same cred form

Solution:
You can add another field using Generic field and later once it passes the validation, use the Forms hook cred_before_save_data to assign the value to original field "wpcf-contraente".

You can find the proposed solution in this case with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/2-same-mandatory-field-in-the-same-cred/#post-1141247

Relevant Documentation:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_before_save_data
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/inserting-generic-fields-into-forms/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by culturaI 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hello i setup 2 radio fields:
1. radio field: cliente (values "privato" or "business")
2. simple text 1 row: codice-fiscale-o-partita-iva (mandatory field)

I want to obtain this result:

if radio field selected is "privato"
label: "codice fiscale" - input field "codice-fiscale-o-partita-iva"

if radio field selected is "business"
label: "partita iva" - input field "codice-fiscale-o-partita-iva"

I'm using correctly conditional show group and mandatory check in my custom fields, effectively is working all good.

My problem is that using twice in same cred field "codice-fiscale-o-partita-iva" this field is not mandatory anymore.
If i use only one time is working good.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I review your requirement and I can see that you just want to change the label according to your selection - is it correct? If yes:

Could you please share problem URL where you added your form and access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I think there is only solution here is to add a generic field with another name.

For example - the field name should be "wpcf-contraente1" and set to be required on your form here:
=> hidden link

[cred_generic_field type='textfield' field='wpcf-contraente1']
{
"required":1,
"default":""
}
[/cred_generic_field]

And later once it passes the validation, use the Forms hook cred_before_save_data to assign the value to original field "wpcf-contraente".
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_before_save_data

For example:

add_action('cred_before_save_data', 'func_assign_field_value',10,1);
function func_assign_field_value($form_data)
{
    // if a specific form
    if ($form_data['id']==62)
    {
        if (isset($_POST['wpcf-contraente1'])) {
          $_POST['wpcf-contraente'] = $_POST['wpcf-contraente1'];  
        }
    }
}

Very interesting approach, i can add generic field on fly?
I mean i have not to create "wpcf-contraente1" on types custom fields?

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - you do not need to creare wpcf-contraente1 field with Types.

Fantastic working good, great function.

Thanks Minesh!

Minesh
Supporter

Good to know. Please feel free to resolve the ticket.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.